Tri-State Memorial Hospital: At a Glance
Tri-state Memorial Hospital & Medical Campus is a Critical Access Hospital (CAH).
Our facility is licensed with 25 beds per regulations for rural CAH hospitals. The 25 beds are inclusive of four beds for observation, and eight beds that can be utilized for critical care patients (PCU/ICU). The remaining 17 beds are versatile and can be used for Telemetry and swing beds. We have four ventilators.
The Renal Dialysis Center has 12 main stations and one isolation station with the capacity to serve 72 patients. The Renal Dialysis Center also offers two Home Therapy Programs to choose from, Home Hemodialysis and Home Peritoneal Dialysis. Acute treatments for hospitalized patients are also available.
Our state-of-the-art Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by in-house emergency room physicians, and highly qualified, specially trained nursing staff. We are prepared to provide quick diagnoses and appropriate plans for treatment for whatever emergency you may have.
The department is a twelve-bed unit that includes a total of eight rooms that can be used for trauma/cardiac care, and four rooms may be utilized for minor or lower lever treatment.
Equipped with two surgery suites, ten exam rooms, and eight recovery bays. Tri-State Interventional Pain Consultants is committed to providing the best possible care to their patients, using the most up-to-date information and state-of-the-art techniques. Tri-State Interventional Pain Consultants includes five providers, all of which have pain management training. They are clinically trained in pain management, including residencies, pain fellowships, and board certifications.
Conditions treated, but not limited to:
- Acute and chronic back, leg, neck, and upper arm pain
- Acute shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia
- Cancer pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Disc herniation(s)
- Nerve pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Vertebral body compression fracture(s)
Services offered, but not limited to:
- Epidural steroid injections
- Intrathecal pump implantation
- Joint injections
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Neuroablative procedures
- Spinal cord stimulation (both the trials and permanent implants)
- Sympathetic blocks
- Therapeutic and diagnostic injections
Whether you visit Tri-State Memorial Hospital for inpatient or outpatient care, our Pharmacy staff will be working diligently to make sure you receive the best medication therapy for you, with the least side effects, at the lowest possible cost.
If you are coming to Tri-State Memorial Hospital for surgery requiring an overnight stay, a pharmacist may interview you during your pre-op visit. We use this time to thoroughly discuss all of the medications, vitamins, minerals, herbs, or homeopathic remedies you may be taking. Please be sure to bring an accurate list so that our pharmacist may do a thorough check for drug-drug, drug-food, drug-allergy, and drug-disease interactions.
The pharmacy staff, in conjunction with our Patient Access Coordinator Business Office, will make every attempt to let you know up front if medications are covered, or if there are special requirements that must be satisfied before your medication therapy is started. Patients being discharged on select medications will automatically receive a visit from one of our pharmacists to have an in-depth discussion about these medications. Our pharmacists are always available to discuss your medications, old or new, inpatient or outpatient, whether requested by patient, family, or one or the hospital’s staff members.
The Tri-State Hospital Surgery Department provides 24-hour service with a staff of highly skilled nurses, technicians and anesthesia personnel. With approximately 26 surgeons on staff as well as a podiatrist and four fully-equipped surgery suites, Tri-State’s Surgery Department provides surgical services for a broad range of patients, including infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
Tri-State offers a full range of surgical services, including general, urological, orthopedic (including removing herniated discs from the spine, which is called endoscopic micro discectomy, and anterior approach hip replacement, which is less invasive and minimizes pain), gynecological, ear, nose and throat, and peripheral vascular surgery.
Our state-of-the-art equipment allows Tri-State surgeons to perform both invasive and laparoscopic surgeries.
Equipped with three hyperbaric chamber units, the chambers have the availability to accommodate weight of up to 700 lbs. Two units are Perry Baromedical Sigma 40, and the third until is a Sechrist ProductsModel 4100H.
Tri-State Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Services uses a variety of medical technologies to diagnose and treat chronic, non-healing wounds. Some of these include:
- Advanced dressings
- Cell and tissue based products
- Chemical and electro cautery
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- LUNA Florescent Microangiography
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Non-invasive vascular studies (ABI, TBI, Sensilase, TCOM)
- Surgical debridement, grafting, repair, and reconstruction
- Total contact casting
Our primary care providers care for patients of all ages with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, patient education, and diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Clarkston Family Practice
- Lewiston Family Practice
- Clearwater Medical Clinic Family Practice
The Minor Care Center is the place to turn when you need healthcare during your busy day, weekend, or when your primary care provider’s office is closed. Tri-State Minor Care Center provides quality, cost-effective treatment for minor injuries and illness on a walk-in basis, six days a week—no appointments needed. Reasons for visits may include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, colds, flu, fever, sore throat, cough and congestion, allergies, rashes, migraines, ear aches, minor cuts and burns, sprains or strains, infections/abscess or minor broken bones.
The Minor Care Center was recently renovated and has the capability to provide full service x-rays on site. The center includes six exam rooms, one procedure room, and one x-ray room. With newly extended hours, the Minor Care Center’s dedicated staff is working hard to provide exceptional healthcare for you and your family.
The Perioperative Services Department offers a wide range of outpatient care, including minor surgery, treatments, and medication administration. These services provide less intensive levels of care in the least amount of time, without sacrificing quality of care or outcome. This department is equip with 18 beds including six GI bays.
Tri-State Pulmonology specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic diseases and conditions of the respiratory system and sleep medicine.
Our board certified Pulmonologist is also certified in Sleep Medicine and Internal Medicine, and works closely with Tri-State Respiratory Therapy and Tri-State Sleep Diagnostic Center to offer the best possible patient care to improve overall quality of life.
Tri-State Pulmonology treats ailments of the lungs and respiratory system, such as:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Cough
- Chest Infections
- Sleep Disorders, such as Sleep Apnea
Common procedures and treatments for lung and respiratory ailments include:
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs): A noninvasive testing to represent how well the lungs are functioning.
- Bronchoscopy: A procedure to look directly at the airways in the lungs through a thin, lighted tube (bronchoscope).
- Sleep Study: Also known as a polysomnogram, a sleep study involves a number of tests conducted at the same time during sleep to measure specific sleep characteristics and help diagnose sleep disorders.
- Thoracentesis: A procedure where a needle is inserted into the pleural space between the lungs and chest wall to remove excess fluid in order to help you breathe easier.
- Bronchodilators: Relaxes the muscles around the airways.
- Nebulizers: The use of compressed air to administer liquids in the form of a fine mist to the airways, are commonly used to treat patients with severe asthma or COPD.
From routine X-rays to complex MRI scans, we provide a full range of diagnostic imaging services. Some of those services include:
- 64-Slice CT Scanner: Tri-State’s VCT 64-Slice CT- General Electric (GE) Scanner allows advanced visualization of body structures in an incredibly rapid manner. The speed of this scanner allows Tri-State Imaging staff to capture diagnostic images of organ structures that slower scanners aren’t able to visualize very well.
- 3.0 Tesla MRI Scanner: The 3.0 MRI – General Electric (GE) Scanner’s advanced technology allows our staff to perform neuro, breast, musculosketal, vascular, cardiac, and body imaging with astonishing detail and accuracy.
- Ultrasound:The newly upgraded Ultrasound –General Electric (GE), LOGIQE10 machines are inclusive of three units.
Though Ultrasound is most commonly associated with pregnancies, it is also used to obtain images of the heart, abdominal and pelvic organs, and vascular systems throughout the body.
- 3D Tomosynthesis Digital Mammography – Hologic, Selenia Dimensions, 3D, 1 unit: This is the most advanced mammography 3D imaging technology available for the detection of breast cancer. Procedures are quicker and images are clearer, making it easier to identify potential problem areas – with a lower dose of radiation compared to typical 2D mammography.
- Breast Ultrasound: This procedure provides diagnostic information that is different, but complementary to, mammography. It is particularly useful in evaluating palpable lumps, soft tissue masses, and cysts. It is often the first choice for image-guided procedures because of the ease of use, safety, and patient comfort.
- DEXA Bone Density Testing –with the Hologic, Horizon, 1: This test measures the calcium content and density of your bones. Detection of abnormalities in this area, if caught early, can be treated and save you the possibility of a fracture later.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy – Hologic, Affirm prone biopsy system with Brevera: This is less invasive and more cost effective than other surgical methods. It also allows you to return to a normal routine in a shorter period of time.
X-Ray General, X-Ray Mobile C-Arms:
- C-arm- Philips, BV Pulsera, 2 units
- Mini C-arm- Orthoscan, 1 unit
- X-Ray room 1- Carestream, Digital
- X-Ray room 2- Retrofitted digital
- Fluoroscopy- Philips, Eleva, digital
- Portable X-ray- Carestream, Revolution, digital , 2 units
General X-ray services are also available at the following clinics:
- Minor Care X-ray- Carestream, Digital
- Lewiston Family Practice X-ray- Carestream, Digital
- Clearwater Medical X-ray- Retrofitted digital
The focus of Tri-State Respiratory Therapy, also known as “Cardio-Pulmonary”, is to diagnose and treat respiratory and cardiac conditions.
Other inpatient and outpatient services provided by our certified therapists include:
- Cardiac Ambulatory Monitoring 24-hour/48-hour and 30-day King of Hearts
- In-house Arterial Blood Gas Drawing and Analysis
- Asthma Testing
- Pre-Op Assessment
Each of the four private bedrooms is complete with an in-suite bathroom, brand new comfortable spacious bed, recliner, and flat screen television.