“Send Some Love” by Sending Gifts of Kindness to Evergreen Estates Residents
Evergreen Estates is encouraging the Lewis-Clark Valley to “Send Some Love” by sending gifts of kindness and inspiration to their residents. This past year has been challenging for families and friends who want to check-in and make sure their loved ones are okay. To build everyone’s spirits, the community is welcome and encouraged to mail-in cards, crafts, letters, care packages, and share family photos online via their Facebook and Instagram platforms, using the hashtag #SendSomeLove. All items received will be shared with those living at Evergreen Estates.
“We know isolation can be difficult, so we are working hard to ensure residents remain engaged and connected with their loved ones,” said Pete Camerlo, Executive Director at Evergreen Estates. “Families can rest assured at Evergreen Estates we are working diligently to keep residents healthy, active, and uplifted.”
There are several fun ways to stay connected in this current virtual world. Below are a few ideas on how to “Send Some Love” to your family members, friends, or all residents residing at Evergreen Estates.
- Make a phone call. Hearing your voice means a lot can give you peace of mind that all is well. Regular calls can also help identify any changes in health and well-being of your loved one.
- Video chat or Email. FaceTime your loved one to stay connected. Emailing a “thought of the day” is also an easy way get in touch regularly.
- Mail a card or letter. Who doesn’t enjoy getting a surprise in the mail? You can send a handwritten note or thoughtful card to brighten their day.
- Special Delivery! Flowers can brighten someone’s day and be a heartfelt reminder that you’re thinking of them.
- Create a care package. You can include a photo album of old photos and shared memories, a game, a book they might enjoy, or a new puzzle to pass the time. The possibilities are endless!
- Share photos online. You can share family photos online via your Facebook and Instagram platforms and use the hashtag #SendSomeLove.
Items may be mailed to Tri-State Memorial Hospital Marketing Department, 1229 Highland Ave, Clarkston, WA, 99403. When making physical deliveries to Evergreen Estates, people will need to call ahead to make arrangements for dropping off packages. Their staff can be reached by phone at 509.758.5260. To learn more about Evergreen Estates, visit their website http://www.egeral.com/.
IMPORTANT: If you or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19 and/or you or someone in your household has returned from international travel in the last 14 days, we do not recommend dropping off items from your home to elderly loved ones at this time.