Nursing Scholarship Program
Clay Taylor Embry & Mary Almira Smith Embry Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Clay Taylor Embry and Mary Almira Smith Embry Memorial Scholarship Fund is a continuing, fully funded nursing scholarship to be administered by the Tri-State Memorial Hospital Auxiliary. It is funded through an endowment trust from the above individuals and was established in May 1985.
Eligibility for the award is based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time Health Science program in the Fall 2023 term and the applicant must be a full-time Health Science student that has been accepted in the nursing program.
- Applicant must demonstrate a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 in high school or equivalent course work OR must have maintained an overall GPA of 2.5 with a minimum of 2.0 in any subject during the first year of the nursing program or other college level classes.
- Applicant may receive this scholarship twice.
- Applicant must be available for a face to face interview with the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants attending school in the Lewiston – Clarkston Valley, Nez Perce County or Asotin County Preferred.
- Auxiliary Scholarship recipients must pledge to apply for a position at Tri-State Memorial Hospital upon graduation. If a position is available, and the applicant is hired for the position, they must commit to work at least one year after licensing. This requirement may be waived in lieu of missionary or public service commitments at the discretion of the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
To apply for the Embry Memorial Scholarship, please complete the attached application. All scholarship application materials must include:
- Application Form
- One Advisor/Counselor Report
- Two References (non-relatives)
- Official current grade transcript
Return completed application to the Human Resources Office, Tri-State Memorial Hospital, by June 30, 2023. After June 30, the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee will review the applications. Award recipients will be notified no later than August 1, 2023.