Financial and Insurance Information
To offer greater transparency regarding hospital pricing, you can view information by following the link below for average hospital charges for specific services. This information is offered through the Washington State Hospital Association.
To learn more about hospital pricing, please visit Washington State Hospital Association.
Hospital-Based Outpatient Care
“Provider-Based” or “Hospital-Based Outpatient” refers to the billing process for services rendered in a hospital outpatient clinic or location. This is the national model of practice for integrated health systems involved in patient care and Tri-State follows these very specific billing practices as mandated by the Center for Medicaid & Medicare Services.
This means that patients may receive two bills: one from the hospital (the technical component) and one for the practitioner’s professional services.
- Scheduled admission, including surgeries, must have financial arrangements in place prior to date of service. A deposit will be requested for the portion of charges not covered by insurance, such as co-payment, co-insurance, non-covered, and deductible amounts.
- It is the guarantor’s responsibility to make appropriate financial arrangements with Tri-State Memorial Hospital.
- Payment contracts that extend past 12 months must be approved by Tri-State Memorial Hospital. Co-pays are required at time of service for all office visits (primary care providers and specialists). A $100 deposit is required for all uninsured patients.
Pre-service deposits are required for certain scheduled services performed at Tri-State Memorial Hospital. An estimate of your financial responsibility and deposit unique to each scheduled service is available by calling 509.254.2716.
Tri-State Memorial Hospital accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) payments are also accepted.
For HSA/FSA guidelines, please refer to www.irs.org.
- Tri-State Memorial Hospital will bill your insurance company if your current insurance card is presented at time of registration.
- At time of registration you will be asked to sign a form authorizing your insurance company to assign insurance benefits to Tri-State Memorial Hospital.
- You are expected to pay for charges that are not covered by your insurance such as co-payment, co-insurance, non-covered, and deductible amounts.
- Tri-State Memorial Hospital will provide an estimate for out-of-pocket costs.
- It is your responsibility to meet the requirements of your insurance policy for pre-approval of your hospital and/or clinic service(s).
- It is your responsibility to provide details related to injury or incident to your insurance company. Questions regarding insurance coverage or benefits must be directed to your insurance company.
A finance charge will accrue on accounts 90 days after the first billing statement. If Tri-State Memorial Hospital has billed insurance, the finance charge will begin accruing on the balance determined to be patient responsibility 90 days after insurance pays. If your insurance company does not pay within 90 days, the account balance will be considered patient responsibility and interest will accrue on the full balance.
The effective interest rate will be 1% per month, which corresponds to an annual percentage rate of 12%. The finance charge will be figured by applying the monthly interest rate to the adjusted account balance (previous balance minus current payments and credits, plus any new charges).
Prompt Pay Discount
A discount of 10% is available to uninsured patient balances paid in full within 30 days of first billing cycle.
Tri-State Memorial Hospital will bill Medicare for your service. In addition, Tri-State will bill your Medicare supplement. For any service not covered by Medicare, you will be asked to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) prior to treatment. An ABN is considered your acceptance of financial responsibility for a non-covered service. You may be asked to pay upfront for these services.
At time of registration, a Medicaid recipient must present their current medical card. Registration will verify eligibility prior to treatment.
For services that are the result of a work-related injury, Tri-State Memorial Hospital will need the following information in order to submit a claim:
- Employer name, address, and phone number
- Date, time, and location of injury
- Claim number, if applicable (You must notify your employer of any on-the-job injury. Your employer will need to submit additional information to the industrial carrier.)
For services related to a motor vehicle accident, Tri-State Memorial Hospital will submit a bill on your behalf once the following information is received:
- The name of the responsible party
- Date, time, and location of accident
- The name and phone number of the responsible party’s auto insurance carrier and agent name
- The guarantor’s auto insurance company name, phone number, and agent name
Financial Assistance may cover necessary or emergent medical treatment received from a hospital or clinic. The level of assistance received is based on family income and eligibility criteria provided by The Department of Health and Human Services.
If you feel you are in need of financial assistance, please call Financial Services at 509.758.4652.
Tri-State Memorial Hospital & Medical Campus understands high deductibles and coinsurances mean that you are likely paying more out of your own pocket for health care services. We know that uncertainty about the financial side of receiving health care can be distressing and we want to help as best we can. We are pleased to offer patient financial estimation services based on your medical benefits and our reimbursement contract with your health plan. You can obtain an estimate by contacting a Patient Access Representative at 509.254.2716.
At Tri-State we make every reasonable effort to be accurate, but estimates are not a guarantee. To help ensure the best estimate possible, we recommend that you also talk with the Member Services Department at your health plan or other applicable insurer. They are the most knowledgeable and up-to-date about the status of your benefits and eligibility. You can usually find their contact information on your member identification card.
Tri-State Memorial Hospital & Medical Campus is committed to supporting the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) effort to build transparency and awareness of hospital pricing and quality. We have a published version of our chargemaster, which is our full price listing, available to you in machine readable format should you wish to view it. The chargemaster contains industry specific language and coding that can make it confusing to navigate, and because the health plans negotiate the proprietary fee allowances, it does not accurately reflect nor provide your actual out-of-pocket costs. For these reasons, we suggest obtaining an estimate as described above. Should you still wish to obtain the chargemaster, please call the Contract Analyst at 509.758.5511 ext. 3828.
Pay Your Bill Online
To make fast, easy, and secure payments online, visit www.TriStateHospital.org and click on “Bill Pay” at the top of the homepage.
Payments may also be made in-person at the Tri-State Business Office located at 1100 Highland Avenue, Clarkston, WA or by phone at 509.758.4652.
- Regence Blue Shield of Idaho
- Blue Cross of Idaho (excluding Clearwater Provider Network)
- Premera Blue Cross (including Lifewise)
- First Choice
- Idaho Medicaid / Healthy Connections
- Coordinated Care (Washington Medicaid & Health Insurance)
- Noridian Medicare
- Regence Blue Shield of Idaho, Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross of Idaho, Medicare Advantage
- Veterans Affairs (VA) / TRICARE
- Community Health Plan
- United Healthcare
Questions relating to a provider’s preferred, participating, network or non-network status will be the responsibility of the patient. The patient is responsible for meeting the requirements of their insurance policy and all questions regarding insurance coverage or benefits must be directed to your insurance company.
Contact Financial Services if you would like to pay a bill, add or update insurance, or have any questions regarding your bill or how insurance is processed.
Location: 1100 Highland Avenue, Clarkston, WA 99403
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Helpful Phone Numbers
Many doctors, ambulance companies, and labs are separate companies with their own billing and account procedures. Below is a list of groups who regularly provide care for patients at Tri-State Memorial Hospital. If you receive a bill from any of these companies please contact them with any questions pertaining to your
- Pathologists’ Regional Laboratory – 800.443.5180
- Lewiston Orthopedic Associates – 208.743.3523
- Valley Medical Center – 208.746.1383
- Lewiston Ambulance – 208.743.3556
- Lewis Clark Gastroenterology – 208.746.3309