Kidney & Hypertension Clinic
Jose Y. Garcia, Jr., M.D., Ajith J. Kumar, M.D., and Tracy Atkins, N.P., treat patients in the Kidney & Hypertension Clinic who are diagnosed with kidney diseases and/or hypertension. They also care for patients requiring renal replacement therapy, which includes dialysis and renal transplant patients.
Admission to the clinic is for patients 18 and older and by referral only. You may be referred to a nephrology specialist for reasons such as:
- Acute renal failure, or a sudden loss of kidney function
- Chronic kidney disease, or declining renal function, usually with an continuous rise in creatinine
- Hematuria, or the presence of blood in your urine
- Proteinuria, or the loss of protein, especially albumin, in your urine
- Kidney stones, usually only recurrent stone formers
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication, or that could have a secondary cause
- Electrolyte disorders, or an acid/base imbalance
Once your primary care physician has referred you to the Tri-State Kidney & Hypertension Clinic, a “New Patient” packet will be mailed to you for completion. Please return the completed forms in the postage-paid return envelope as soon as possible so we can complete your admission process quickly.
Please bring your medications in their original bottles with you to your first appointment.
Tri-State Kidney & Hypertension Clinic
1119 Highland Ave., Ste. 5
Clarkston, WA 99403
Helpful Websites Associated with Kidney & Hypertension
Find more information about treatment of kidney diseases and/or hypertension at:Emergency Department Adds New Robot TechnologyMay 8, 2013View KLEW-TV’s coverage of this high-tech new piece of equipment for patients experiencing stroke-like symptoms. ...Read More Tri-State Named Most WiredJuly 16, 2012TRI-STATE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL NAMED 2012 MOST WIRED Tri-State Memorial Hospital has once again been recognized ...Read More EMS Reel StoriesMay 25, 2012Our area EMS providers work hard to get the right patient to the right hospital ...Read More (6) Upcoming Events
- Women’s Health Mysteries – Solved! @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 4 Tue 6:00 pm
- Orthopedic Education Class @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 11 Tue 2:00 pm
- Diabetes Education Group Class @ Tri-State Memorial Hospital Jun 13 Thu 2:00 pm
- Diabetes Education Group Class @ Tri-State Memorial Hospital Jun 20 Thu 2:00 pm
- ChipShot Classic Golf Tournament @ Clarkston Golf & Country Club Jun 22 Sat 8:00 am