Are you at risk for diabetes? Have you recently been diagnosed or had a change in your treatment?
Tri-State Memorial Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). Our mission is to empower our clients with the self-care management skills necessary to improve their quality of life.
Taking good care of yourself can seem overwhelming when you have diabetes – whether you’ve just learned you have the disease or you’ve had it for a long time.
There’s a lot to consider from eating healthy meals to being active, monitoring your blood glucose and taking your medications. The right information and support can make diabetes self-care very manageable in your every day life.
Diabetes Education Program:
- Services include individual or group sessions. Group sessions are scheduled monthly.
- Education topics include healthy eating, being active, taking medication (both oral and injectables), monitoring, problem solving, healthy coping & reducing risks.
- Individual appointments are available with each of the team instructors.
- An individual assessment and education plan is completed for each patient.
- Follow up reports are sent to the referring provider.
- A free community education event is scheduled most months of the year to provide up to date information related to diabetes and to provide an opportunity for networking with others who have diabetes and to ask questions.
- Covered by most insurances
Check our calendar for other upcoming informational sessions.
Ask your physician for a referral or contact:
Geri Cooper, RD, CDE
Diabetes Education Coordinator
Tri-State Memorial Hospital
Group session dates:
May 9 and 16, 2013
June 13 and 20, 2013
July 11 and 18, 2013
September 3, 2013
October 9, 2013
November 5, 2013
December 3, 2013
- Women’s Health Mysteries – Solved! @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 4 Tue 6:00 pm
- Orthopedic Education Class @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 11 Tue 2:00 pm
- Diabetes Education Group Class @ Tri-State Memorial Hospital Jun 13 Thu 2:00 pm
- Diabetes Education Group Class @ Tri-State Memorial Hospital Jun 20 Thu 2:00 pm
- ChipShot Classic Golf Tournament @ Clarkston Golf & Country Club Jun 22 Sat 8:00 am