Intensive / Progressive Care / Telemetry Unit
The Intensive/Progressive Care Unit focuses on the care of critically ill or injured patients who need to be closely monitored by specially skilled and educated nurses.
Tri-State’s ICU/PCU is a four-bed Critical Care unit that is also able to monitor six additional beds with Telemetry (remote) cardiac monitoring system. The state-of-the-art cardiac monitoring system continuously monitors a patient’s cardiac rhythm, and can also continuously monitor blood pressure, temperature and specific heart pressures that are important in determining treatment. The ICU/PCU has specialty patient beds that assist in turning and early ambulation and also have skin protection surfaces.
The nursing staff in the ICU/PCU/Telemetry Units are trained in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Support, and many are credentialed as Certified Critical Care Nurses.
Families of ICU/PCU/Telemetry Unit patients can remain close in the comfortable and private waiting room adjacent to the unit. The nursing staff strives to keep family members informed of the patient’s condition and encourages visitation whenever possible.Emergency Department Adds New Robot TechnologyMay 8, 2013View KLEW-TV’s coverage of this high-tech new piece of equipment for patients experiencing stroke-like symptoms. ...Read More Tri-State Named Most WiredJuly 16, 2012TRI-STATE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL NAMED 2012 MOST WIRED Tri-State Memorial Hospital has once again been recognized ...Read More EMS Reel StoriesMay 25, 2012Our area EMS providers work hard to get the right patient to the right hospital ...Read More (6) Upcoming Events
- Women’s Health Mysteries – Solved! @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 4 Tue 6:00 pm
- Orthopedic Education Class @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 11 Tue 2:00 pm
- Stop acid reflux & heartburn! @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 11 Tue 6:00 pm
- Diabetes Education Group Class @ Tri-State Memorial Hospital Jun 13 Thu 2:00 pm
- Senior Seminar: Medication Safety “Brown Bag” Review @ Tri-State Community Room Jun 19 Wed 11:30 am